Twice a year, Toastmasters around the world get competitive. For 2017, Beachcombers Advanced Toastmasters Club will hold their fall contest on Friday, September 17 at 6 pm at Sita’s Spag & Suds. This is in lieu of our regularly scheduled meeting.
The Fall Contest, determined by District 96 leaders, will be the Tall Tales and Table Topics contests.
Eligibility: Anyone who is a member in good standing of Beachcombers Advanced Toastmasters club (their dues are paid up) and they maintain a good standing throughout the competition. There is no minimum speech requirement for either contest.
Tall Tales Contest Rules (summary, please see Rulebook for complete details):
- 3-5 minute speech
- Subject matter selected and written by the contestant
- Must include exaggeration, be highly improbable
- Must contain a theme/plot
Table Topics Rules (summary, please see Rulebook for complete details):
- 1-2 minute impromptu speech
- All contestants answer the same question
- No special knowledge needed
To participate as a contestant or assist by filling a role, please contact our VP of Education, Dawn Miller.
Sign up today!